Early in-person voting is April 22-30. In the early voting period, voters may cast ballots at any early voting location in Williamson County.
On election day on May 4, voters may cast ballots at any vote center location in Williamson County. Polling places, dates, and times will be listed at wilco.org/elections.
About Georgetown City Council
The council-manager form is the system of local government that Georgetown operates under. It combines the political leadership of elected officials in the form of a council, with the managerial experience of an appointed local government manager (City Manager). The form establishes a representative system where all power is concentrated in the elected council and where the council hires a professionally trained manager to oversee the delivery of public services.
In council-manager government, council members are the leaders and policy makers elected to represent various segments of the community and to concentrate on policy issues that are responsive to citizens’ needs and wishes. The manager is appointed by council to carry out policy and ensure that the entire community is being served. If the manager is not responsive to the council’s wishes, the council has authority to terminate the manager at any time. In that sense, a manager’s responsiveness is tested daily.
Georgetown City council members serve three-year terms representing one of seven single-member districts. Joe is looking to serve the constituents of District 4, which comprises most of Sun City.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 17 years and 10 months of age;
- You are not a convicted felon (unless you have completed your sentence including any incarceration, probation, or parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
The last day to register to vote in the May election is April 4.
Are you registered?
To check your voter registration status, find your polling site, or view your sample ballot (during election times) visit the Williamson County Elections site.